Some universities run student ambassador programmes to encourage potential students to study at university.
Economics student ambassadors speak to younger students and tell them about the benefits of studying economics at university. It is a great item for your CV, using lots of skills including presentation, communication and leadership skills.
Typically economics student ambassadors will talk about:
- Why they love economics
- What studying economics at university is like
- How to choose a university economics course
- What you should be looking for when choosing a university
- Degree possibilities: single or joint honours?
- What career options economics will open up
Whilst for many this is a daunting prospect, fear not because thanks to our sister site we have a whole website about choosing economics -Why Study Economics? http://whystudyeconomics.ac.uk/
We also have developed a presentation you can use on school visits.